Volgers

zondag 19 april 2015

Make it Crafty CHALLENGE: FOCUSING ON HAIR

There is a new challenge on the Make it Crafty blog: Focusing on hair.
I like to color hair with my Copics, but recently I bought the new Spectrum Noir Aquamarkers.
And I only used them for flowers and backgrounds, untill now.
A challenge is a challenge, so I challenged myself to color this gorgeous image "April"with my new markers :D
I found that I have to search for the right skin colors, this one is a bit too pale I think.
But I musn't compare it with the Copic colors.

So, image was chosen, markers on my desk, printing!!
Uhm, not really!!
The printer wasn't really suitable for my heavy watercolor paper this time, so half way printing and it stopped!

So I decided not to give up and color the half of the image:D
I made some step by step photo's, with my phone so not really great but it gives an impression.

 Used colors: Peach and Spice.
 Tan, Chocolate and Sepia.
 Burgundy for the lips.

 Leaf green and Boulder for her eyes.
Aquamarin and teal for her shirt.

So far my half image :D
Then on Facebook someone suggested to make her "peak around"something.
So I searche in my Silhouette library and found this folded card file, perfect for April!
 Added a ribbon through the holes, and some rhinestones and finished.
Close up.

So this one is for the Make it Crafty Color challenge # 20.
I'm also entering this for fun in The Outlawz PAM challenge, theme, "Something OLD, Something NEW, and Something BLUE"


1 opmerking:

  1. I think you did a wonderful job of coloring and the design is beautiful, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen